Outlook 2013 OFT Issues

Well I don't write on this blog unless something really important comes up... and this is one of them.

If you are an email designer, at some point you will be asked to create an 'OFT' file – an Outlook template file – that the client can send themselves. Whilst this is very easy to do (I won't go into exactly how here – just Google it) a new bug in Outlook 2013 has caused me issues recently. The issue involves embedding images in the OFT file – basically Outlook 2013 refuses to do it. It needs a proper external link – the thought process is to reduce email size I think?

Here: http://www.msoutlook.info/question/730 explains this in more detail, and includes a fix on how to get around the issue. I hope other designers will find this useful!

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Plan for tomorrow, live for today.

To work or not to work

Chrome font rendering issues